Excursion to lake Balaton and to Herend (9-10 hours)
Lake Balaton is the biggest lake in Central Europe. It is 100 km from Budapest. It has 72 km and it is often called “sea of the Hungarians”. On the Northern bank you can find the peninsula of Tihany with the benediction abbey founded in 1055. We visit the Abbey and its surroundings, lookout towers and streets. We also visit the village of Balatonfüred. It is a nice village with precious villas of the most famous poets, actors and politicians of the country. We have a nice walk at the banks and we can admire the sailing boats, ducks and swans.
- Boat for one hour or ferry to the other side of the lake.
- Lunch in a typical Hungarian restaurant.
- Visit to Herend: It is the biggest porcelain manufacture in Europe where they make the precious china with typical designs like butterflies, birds, etc. It can be found 30 km from Tihany.
- Visit to Keszthely with the palace of the Festetich family. It is a baroque palace with its furniture, paintings, and sculptors from the XVIII y XIX centuries. We can visit the museum of carriages and dolls too.
- Visit to Héviz: It is a natural lake with hot thermal water which has curative properties. This is the most famous thermal bath in Hungary. It has had a thermal centre for 2oo years..
- by car (or by taxi): 320,-EUR/group
- by minibus: 470,-EUR/group
- + entrance fee of the abbey: 3,-EUR/person
- Optional 1.: boat or ferry: 6,-EUR/person
- Optional 2.: lunch: 18,-EUR/person
- Optional 3.: entrance of: the manufacture 7,-EUR/person
- Optional 4.: + 30,-EUR/group (by car ) or + 50,-EUR/group (by minibus); +8,-EUR/person (entrances in Keszthely)
- Optional 5.: + 30,-EUR/group (by car o + 50,-EUR/group (by minibus); +7,-EUR/person (entrance to the thermal bath in Hévíz)